Tuesday, May 17, 2011

YOUR LIFE IS NOT YOURS

Instances abound all over the world of people who, out of frustration, took their own live. Their reasons vary from being fed up with life and frustrated with society to outright self-defeat. It's true that no one takes his own life joyfully, but a closer look would reveal that no matter the justifications, such acts are not only the products of selfishness and self-centredness but also of ignorance of God's Word.

As Christians we need to realize that we don't own our lives, the Bible says we've been bought with a price (1 Corinthians 6:20); we belong to Christ. None of us lives to himself, and none dies to himself. So, If you don't live to yourself, there'll be no reason to give up on life; there'll be no reason to be so self-centred as to contemplate suicide.

When the realization that God owns your life dawns on you, you'll become more concerned with what His purpose is for your life, and the desire to fulfill that purpose would be the staying force of your life. Take a cue from the Apostle Paul, even at a time he was convinced he had fulfilled God's purpose for his he said, "For what is life? To me, it is Christ. Death, then, will bring more.But if by continuing to live I can do more worthwhile work, then I am not sure which I should choose. I am pulled in two directions. I want very much to leave this life and be with Christ, which is a far better thing; but for your sake it is much more important that I remain alive. I am sure of this, and so I know that I will stay. I will stay on with you all, to add to your progress and joy in the faith" (Philippians 1:21-25). How inspiring! He chose to live to be of benefit to others.

Even if you think you've fulfilled God's purpose for your life, still choose the honourable way of being a blessing to others. To undertake suicide means that one has chosen to live to himself or herself; he or she has decided how long to live and when and how to die. This certainly isn't the way for a Christian; a Christian should, on no account, contemplate taking his own life, for your life is not yours

For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. For whether we live, we live unto The LORD; and whether we die, we die unto The LORD: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the LORD's (Romans 14:7-8)

PRAYER

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you fo making your Word available to me today; Your Word indeed is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path, guiding me in the path of life, to live for your glory, in JESUS CHRIST Name. Amen!!!

www.rhapsodyofrealities.org

No comments: