Saturday, May 14, 2011

SHARE GOD'S LOVE

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us (Romans 5:5)


The Bible tells us in 1 John 4:8 that "God is love"; His very nature is love, and you have His love-nature in you as one who's born again. That means all of God's love is in your spirit, so you can't have more of God's love than you already have today. According to our opening scripture; "....the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us" (Romans 5:5). The question then is what are you going to do with all of this love that's in your heart?

John 3:16 gives us an example of what to do with the love of God, it says, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son...." God so loved us and reached out to us even at a time when we didn't know Him or care about Him! He sent Jesus to win us and reconcile us to Himself, not counting our sins against us. He did this for us in Christ Jesus.

And now the Bible says in 2 Corinthians 5:19 that God has committed to us the ministry of reconciliation. We have the responsibility of reconciling others to Him. We're to reach out to our world; to the hurting and the loveless that have no hope and give them the love of God that's in our hearts.

But to do this you need to be filled with the spirit; you actually can't share God's love except you're filled with the spirit. So if you haven't received the Holy Spirit, you can do so even now. Say this in faith: "Heavenly Father, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I receive the Holy Spirit into my heart to live in me, to help me share your love to others, Amen!". The Holy Spirit is the One that energizes you to do the work of God and share His love with others.

PRAYERS

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your love that's in my heart; it's the same great love wherewith You've loved me! I make a difference in my world today as I touch everyone I meet with Your love. The world will see and acknowledge your love in my life to the glory and praise of Your Holy Name, in Christ Jesus's Name. Amen!

No comments: